The International Day of Happiness interviews are still available online for a nominal price of $50 for access to 32 interviews about ways to apply positive psychology to increase well-being.
Another virtual conference started today and runs through Thursday May 14. The new virtual conference is free during this period.
This virtual conference is titled Banish Self-Doubt with the New Science of Self Confidence. Louisa Jewell hosts a series of interviews with experts on building confidence, courage, grit, and self-efficacy.
From the conference registration page:
Do you know what the number one regret of the dying is? “I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.” Living an authentic life takes courage and confidence. We want to go after our dreams but often when we are dreaming big, we are paralyzed by anxiety, fear and self-doubt.
So, how do we overcome our self-doubt to live an incredible life? How do we build the confidence we need to go after what we want and persevere through any obstacles that might come into our path? That is what this virtual conference is all about. We’re going to talk to leading researchers and scientists to explore the fascinating field of what holds us back – self-doubt – to reveal secrets that are just coming to light in the latest psychological research.
We’re going to interview scientists who have studied what makes us confident and courageous and share with you the leading research that will propel you to new heights in your life. We’re talking to leading practitioners who have applied the latest science in self-confidence, strengths and positive psychology to help you build the mental muscles you need to create your happiest and most successful life.
Tired of all those years of self-sabotage? Are you bored splashing around in your small pool when there is an ocean of opportunities out there? This conference may be just what you need to kick start your bigger life!
People interviewed are:
- Sonja Lyubomirsky, author of The How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want and The Myths of Happiness: What Should Make You Happy, but Doesn’t, What Shouldn’t Make You Happy, but Does
- Carol Dweck, author of Mindset: The New Psychology of Success.
- Caroline Miller, author of Creating Your Best Life: The Ultimate Life List Guide
- Michelle McQuaid, author of Your Strengths Blueprint: How to be Engaged, Energized, and Happy at Work
- Robert Biswas-Diener, author of The Courage Quotient: How Science Can Make You Braver
- Fred Luthans, author of Psychological Capital: Developing the Human Competitive Edge and Psychological Capital and Beyond
- Kristin Neff, author of Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind
- Marci Shimoff, author of Happy for No Reason: 7 Steps to Being Happy from the Inside Out
- Shannon Polly, editor of upcoming book on character strengths
- Jennifer Crocker, professor studying self-esteem, contingencies of self-worth, and the costs of pursuing self-esteem as a goal
- Kate Hefferon, author of Positive Psychology and the Body: The Somato-Psychic Side to Flourishing
- James Maddux, discussing self-efficacy and the science of thinking you can
- David Pollay, author of The Law of the Garbage Truck: How to Respond to People Who Dump on You, and How to Stop Dumping on Others and The 3 Promises: Find Joy Every Day. Do What You Love. Make A Difference.
- Tanya Geisler, on overcoming the imposter complex
- Margie Warrell, author of Find Your Courage: 12 Acts for Becoming Fearless at Work and in Life
- Patrick J. Carroll, co-editor of Handbook of the Uncertain Self.