The title of the book is Resilience: How to Navigate Life’s Curves (order here on Amazon).
Here’s an excerpt from the Introduction:
This little book explores an important topic in the field of positive psychology: Why do some people go through hard times and become stronger and more appreciative of their lives? Do they think differently than other people do? Do they behave differently? What can we learn from them that can make other people’s lives better?
The purpose of this little book is to make findings in positive psychology accessible to people who do not want to read research papers, but still have a curiosity about what research tells us. It conveys the messages with stories, examples, and suggested actions that are immediately useful.
If you have been wanting to share some of the messages of PPND with family or friends who aren’t as interested in the research aspects as you are, this book may be just what you need.
Table of Contents
- PART I: RESILIENCE IN ADVANCE
- Chapter 1 Resilience as Ordinary Magic by Kathryn Britton
- Chapter 2 Durable Personal Resources by Eleanor Chin
- PART II: RESILIENCE IN THE MOMENT
- Chapter 3 The APE Exit from Bad Moods by Senia Maymin
- Chapter 4 Feeling Better – Easy as ABC? by Nicholas Hall
- Chapter 5 Disputing Thoughts by Jeff Dustin and Authors (This chapter was derived from the comments to this article.)
- Chapter 6 A Resilience Model by Timothy T.C. So
- Chapter 7 Laugh It Off by Aren Cohen
- Chapter 8 Dance of Stress and Solace by Denise Clegg
- PART III: RESILIENCE OVER TIME
- Chapter 9 Resilience in a Long Life by Sherri Fisher
- Chapter 10 Growth after Adversity by Laura L.C. Johnson
- Chapter 11 Opportunity or Threat? by Bridget Grenville-Cleave
- Chapter 12 Resilience or Foolhardiness? by Sulynn Choong
- PART IV: RESILIENCE IN ACTION
- Chapter 13 Living with Cockroaches by Sean Doyle
- Chapter 14 Resilience Is a Group Thing by David N. Shearon
- Chapter 15 Resilience during Divorce by Kirsten Cronlund
- Chapter 16 A Resilience Climb by Denise Quinlan
- Chapter 17 Resilience Revisited by Kathryn Britton