If you want to learn more about the applications of positive psychology in work, education and the wider community, the 2nd Applied Positive Psychology Conference will be the event for you. Hosted by the Centre for Applied Positive Psychology (CAPP), and held at the University of Warwick, Coventry, UK, from 1-3 April 2009, delegates from all over the world will come together to share their experiences, explore new research and applications, and build friendships and connections to enrich them long into the future.
The 1st Applied Positive Psychology Conference in 2007 was a huge success in examining how positive psychology research is being employed in the fields of work, education, and health. The conference also featured some of the world’s leading blue-chip organizations, including American Express, Yahoo! and Norwich Union, which provided compelling insights into the applications of positive psychology.
With the theme Creating Flourishing Communities, the 2nd Applied Positive Psychology Conference will demonstrate developments and advances in the field. Practitioners, researchers and policy makers from the fields of work, education, and social change will advance our understanding of how we can all play our part in creating flourishing communities.
Eight Keynote addresses will be delivered throughout the conference by international authorities in their field, as part of a conference program that also includes paper presentations, workshops, and symposia:
- David Willetts, from the Shadow Secretary of State for Innovation, Skills & Universities, UK,
- Nic Marks, the Founder of Centre for Well-being at New Economics Foundation (nef), UK,
- Anthony Seldon, from Wellington College, UK,
- Barbara Fredrickson, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA,
- Karan Stefanyszyn from Aviva UK,
- Sarah Stewart-Brown, the Chair of Public Health of Warwick Medical School, UK,
- Jenifer Fox, the author of Your Child’s Strengths: Discover Them, Develop Them, Use Them
- Robert Biswas-Diener as well as Alex Linley from the Centre of Applied Positive Psychology, UK.
As one of the presenters for this superb event, I am looking forward to seeing you on 1-3 April at Warwick.
Thanks for the update, Tim!
Looking forward to a fantastic CAPP conference and to connecting with you there
So happy to know you,
Great line-up of speakers! And a warm fantastic event. I am sorry I am not able to be there – it will be great! Best wishes Aye, Angus
Thanks Elaine. I am very happy to have met you in the ECPP conference and you are such a wonderful friend. Very much looking forward to seeing you at the CAPP conference.
Angus – It is a real pity that you won’t be there. Tho, you are surely going to read some review articles of the conference in PPND soon.