Lately we have been posting articles about what happened at the IPPA Third World Congress. This was a great event, but only 1200 people were able to be there.From September 16th to 20th, Dr. Heidi Halvorson is hosting a virtual online conference that is free to anyone in the world that wants to attend. The talks will be available online for 24 hours after they occur, so you don’t have to get up in the middle of the night if you live in China. For those that want to keep them and listen to them later, the recordings and transcripts will be available for $99.
“There’s a lot of advice out there – but where’s the evidence that it actually works? Join an extraordinary group of world-renown scientists, psychologists, and experts as they explain how each of us can be happier and more effective in every area of our lives, by understanding the science of thriving.” ~ Dr. Halvorson
There are at least 20 speakers listed on the conference registration page, including:
- Dan Ariely – Duke University behavioral economist, author of Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions and The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone–Especially Ourselves
- Carol Dweck – Stanford University psychologist, author of Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- Adam Alter – New York University business professor, author of Drunk Tank Pink: And Other Unexpected Forces that Shape How We Think, Feel, and Behave
- Amy Cuddy – Harvard business professor, expert on “power posing”
- David Rock – founder of Neuroleadership Institute, author of Your Brain at Work: Strategies for Overcoming Distraction, Regaining Focus, and Working Smarter All Day Long
- Art Markman – University of Texas at Austin psychologist, author of Smart Thinking: Three Essential Keys to Solve Problems, Innovate, and Get Things Done
- Adam Grant – psychologist at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and author of Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success
- Matt Lieberman – UCLA social neuroscientist, author of Social: Why Our Brains Are Wired to Connect
- Francesca Gino – Harvard business professor, author of Sidetracked: Why Our Decisions Get Derailed, and How We Can Stick to the Plan
- Scott Barry Kaufman – New York University cognitive psychologist, author of Ungifted: Intelligence Redefined
- Kristin Neff – University of Texas at Austin psychologist, author of Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind
- Tory Higgins – Columbia University psychologist, co-author with Dr. Halvorson of Focus: Use Different Ways of Seeing the World for Success and Influence
- Sian Beilock, University of Chicago psychologist, author of Choke: What the Secrets of the Brain Reveal About Getting It Right When You Have To
I mostly included only the professors. There are also journalists, coaches, and authors like Daniel Pink. Visit The Science of Thriving to see the full list and to register.
We would welcome short articles from people about what they learned during the conference and how they intend to put the ideas to work in their lives.
The book covers below convey some of the collected wisdom that will be featured during the online conference.