From the Announcement Brochure: About the Journal
“The International Journal of Wellbeing (IJW) publishes timely original high-quality scholarly articles on the topic of wellbeing, broadly construed. Although focused on original ideas, the IJW also publishes review articles and critical notices. We encourage submissions that are genuinely interdisciplinary (i.e. that draw on research from more than one discipline and will be of value to wellbeing researchers from more than one discipline), but we will also consider wellbeing research that is uni-disciplinary if it is of exceptional quality.”
The three editors, supported by a large editorial board and an advisory board, are:
Table of Contents of IJW 1(1)
Visit the table of contents, reproduced below, to find links to PDF files for each article.
- Promoting Research on Wellbeing by Dan Weijers, Aaron Jarden, Nattavudh Powdthavee
- The Evolution of Eupathics: The Historical Roots of Subjective Measures of Wellbeing by Erik Angner
- Trust and Wellbeing by John F. Helliwell and Shun Wang
- Doing the Right Thing: Measuring Well-Being for Public Policy by Marie J. C. Forgeard, Eranda Jayawickreme, Margaret L. Kern, and Martin E. P. Seligman
- Understanding the Processes that Regulate Positive Emotional Experience: Unsolved Problems and Future Directions for Theory and Research on Savoring by Fred B. Bryant, Erica D. Chadwick, and Katharina Kluwe
- Happy-People-Pills for All by Mark Walker
- An Improved Whole Life Satisfaction Theory of Happiness by Jussi Suikkanen
- First Steps in an Axiology of Goals by Dale Dorsey
- Expert Insight: An Interview with Daniel Kahneman by Aaron Jarden
- Book Review: Philosophy and Happiness by Alicia Hall
Thanks for sharing the good news. Kudos to Dan, Aaron and Nattavudh. I am enjoying their journal.
Congratulations to the founders and editors of the Journal.I find it to be so useful,resourceful and amazing.I support you in all endeavors.cheers
Many thanks Patrice and Daniel for your kind words. Almost three weeks it’s had about 4,500 people view it so it’s really taking off…
Your vision and aim are noble. In these days of profiting from almost anything that one does, you chose to make your fresh publication available to all for FREE. God bless your noble effort. May this movement grow . . .