We are happy to announce the second book in the Positive Psychology News series, Gratitude: How to Appreciate Life’s Gifts. Available now from Amazon, this book is just in time to be a gift to your friends and family for the holidays.
Like the first book in the series, Resilience: How to Navigate Life’s Curves, this book emerged from articles previously published on this site. The articles are all here on PPND, but scattered over the space of nearly 4 years. The little book pulls them together into an engaging sequence that explores gratitude and appreciation from 20 viewpoints.
- How can you talk to children about gratitude?
- What are the physical and psychological benefits of gratitude?
- What role does gratitude play in difficult times such as divorce or job insecurity?
- How does appreciation bring better service and better relationships?
- What are the hidden benefits of thank-you notes?
Especially important for the upcoming Thanksgiving and holiday season:
- What are some fresh ideas for celebrating the holidays?
- How can we celebrate Thanksgiving more deeply?
How do we give people gifts that contribute to ongoing happiness?
- How can appreciation help us make New Year’s resolutions that stick?
This book is written by PPND authors. When you look around PositivePsychologyNews.com, you can find many research-based articles on gratitude. We thought, why not take some of these articles and put them into a beautiful, readable, compact gift book form? The expressive illustrations by Kevin Gillespie, as in the first book in the Positive Psychology News series on resilience, make this book pop as a gift and as a thoughtful item to share.
Kathryn Britton and I organized and edited the book for your reading pleasure. We are thrilled to bring the book to you in time for the holidays and especially Thanksgiving, which was always the goal. Gratitude and Thanksgiving go hand-in-hand. You can find the entire Table of Contents and can preview the content here on the Gratitude Book page.
Please enjoy! Our best with warm wishes for holiday season filled with warmth, love, and appreciation,
Senia and Kathryn
Note: The two books are available on Amazon-USA. Click on the cover images below. They are available for International Distribution through the following eStore links: