Senia Maymin and Kathryn Britton are the senior editors of PositivePsychologyNews.com. Together they have edited two books in the Positive Psychology News series: Resilience: How to Navigate Life's Curves and Gratitude: How to Appreciate Life's Gifts. Kathryn co-edited the third book in the series, Character Strengths Matter, with Shannon Polly. Their co-authored articles are here.
Senia Maymin, MAPP '06, is the coauthor of Profit from the Positive. Maymin is an executive coach to entrepreneurs and CEOs. Her PhD is in organizational behavior from the Stanford Graduate School of Business. Full Bio. Her solo articles are here and her articles with Margaret Greenberg are here.
We want to thank the readers of Positive Psychology News Daily.
On March 17, 2010, we received our one millionth page view. Chances are good that it was a person reading Marie-Josee’s article about Wellness as a Business Proposition.
Three Years of Positive Psychology News
What has happened in three years of PositivePsychologyNews.com, since we started operating on January 1, 2007?
- Over 60 authors
- Have written over 800 articles
- on which people have posted more than 3000 comments.
- Articles are being announced and retweeted from @pospych. Please feel to use the recently added “retweet” button.
- We published our first book: Resilience: How to Navigate Life’s Curve’s, based entirely on past articles about resilience here on PPND. We have 16 authors from 5 continents as authors of this book. And we’re planning future books in the Positive Psychology News Series.
One reader writes about this book: “You’ve made the APE and ABCDE methods easy to follow and the authors offer a useful range of advice and perspectives. I’m particularly keen on the questions and answers. It’s an innovative and useful addition to the book. You are getting to issues I haven’t seen dealt with before. … I’ve bought three copies and given one to my daughter who is a counselor.”
Karen Reivich provided this quotation for the back of the book, “This book is practical and uplifting. THe authors share engaging stories and concrete advice about how each of us can enhance our ability to thrive, no matter what life challenges us with. Personally it has been an honor to know and work with this wonderful group of people.”
Two other readers have posted comments in Amazon.
- A KEY point about Positive Psychology News Daily is that we are a research-based website. To this point, authors have
One comment from a reader Rosie is: “As a wife and mother I routinely use PPND philosophies in our home life – our fridge and bathroom mirrors host sayings of the week drawn from PPND……… and even more interestingly in my role as a Partnership broker for a State Government I routinely use the … fundamental positive psychology principles and can testify to the positive effects and outcomes they enable. … I regard the PPND as a highlight of my working day and believe it should be mandatory reading! (if it wasn’t so against all the principles of positive psychology) … I look forward to a continued association with your website and I am aiming to attend a PP conference !”
- referenced over 300 books, providing links to Amazon in case you wish to purchase them (If you follow our links, we get a small affiliate fee that helps pay operating costs for the site.)
- referenced articles from more than 120 different journals
- The calendar indexes for years 2007, 2008, 2009, and now 2010.
- The image maps that form a reader’s guide to a wide range of topics.
- The random posts at the bottom of the front page, where key images are shown for up 12 articles. Hover over an image to read the article title. Click on the image to read the article.
- Google searches that can find information in both articles and comments.
Who Reads Positive Psychology News Daily?
- Our visitors come from 213 countries/territories. You use more than 100 different languages.
- Many people subscribe and read PPND articles that arrive via email. These aren’t counted in the 1 million page views. Since January 1, 2010, we’ve gotten nearly 700 new subscribers.
- The articles that get the most comments have an applied bent.
- Readers feel free to disagree with articles, ask questions, and bring up other ways of viewing things. That makes the site vibrant.
- Let us know what works best for you about Positive Psychology News Daily.
- And let us know what else you would love to see.
Celebration! image courtesy of Nikk Wong