Kathryn Britton, MAPP '06, is the associate editor for PPND and recently the book author for the first two books in the PPND series, Resilience: How to Navigate Life's Curves and Gratitude: How to Appreciate Life's Gifts. She also writes regularly for PPND and in her own blog, Positive Psychology Reflections. Full bio. Articles.
The International Journal of Wellbeing (IJW) just published its first issue — Volume 1, Number 1. The contents of this journal are open to anyone with interest and a browser without charge. We salute the editorial board for contributing to the wide availability of research on wellbeing.
From the Announcement Brochure: About the Journal
“The International Journal of Wellbeing (IJW) publishes timely original high-quality scholarly articles on the topic of wellbeing, broadly construed. Although focused on original ideas, the IJW also publishes review articles and critical notices. We encourage submissions that are genuinely interdisciplinary (i.e. that draw on research from more than one discipline and will be of value to wellbeing researchers from more than one discipline), but we will also consider wellbeing research that is uni-disciplinary if it is of exceptional quality.”
The three editors, supported by a large editorial board and an advisory board, are:
Table of Contents of IJW 1(1)
Visit the table of contents, reproduced below, to find links to PDF files for each article.
- Promoting Research on Wellbeing by Dan Weijers, Aaron Jarden, Nattavudh Powdthavee
- The Evolution of Eupathics: The Historical Roots of Subjective Measures of Wellbeing by Erik Angner
- Trust and Wellbeing by John F. Helliwell and Shun Wang
- Doing the Right Thing: Measuring Well-Being for Public Policy by Marie J. C. Forgeard, Eranda Jayawickreme, Margaret L. Kern, and Martin E. P. Seligman
- Understanding the Processes that Regulate Positive Emotional Experience: Unsolved Problems and Future Directions for Theory and Research on Savoring by Fred B. Bryant, Erica D. Chadwick, and Katharina Kluwe
- Happy-People-Pills for All by Mark Walker
- An Improved Whole Life Satisfaction Theory of Happiness by Jussi Suikkanen
- First Steps in an Axiology of Goals by Dale Dorsey
- Expert Insight: An Interview with Daniel Kahneman by Aaron Jarden
- Book Review: Philosophy and Happiness by Alicia Hall