On August 1, 2012, the Association of Positive Psychology of Latin America (APPAL) launched the Portuguese-language version of Positive Psychology News Daily with a translation of the very first PPND article ever published, Senia Maymin’s What is Positive Psychology?
Established with the goal of promoting human development, APPAL works for the diffusion of Positive Psychology by enabling contemporary professionals to adopt more appreciative views of human potentials, motivations, and capabilities.
The APPAL has as main objectives:
- To support the study of Positive Psychology, drawing academia, private partners, and the general public closer together
- To systematize and disseminate Positive Psychology, fostering the production of knowledge about the area
- To promote the science and practice of Positive Psychology in Latin America, as well as to facilitate communication and collaboration of people who are interested in developing research in the area
- To publish books and articles related to Positive Psychology
If you speak Portuguese, please visit the new site. We welcome your suggestions for articles to be translated from PPND or even your translations. We are also willing to publish articles first written in Portuguese. Perhaps the English language site will then publish a subsequent translation into English.
Editor’s Note: The Portuguese language site joins 3 other translated versions of Positive Psychology News Daily:
- Spanish language site, which has so far published 80 PPND articles, most translated from English but a few written initially in Spanish
- The simplified Chinese site, which has a pproximately 270 articles translated into simplified Chinese.
- The traditional Chinese language site, which has approximately 360 articles translated into traditional Chinese.