The second book in the Positive Psychology News series, Gratitude: How to Appreciate Life’s Gifts, is now available from Amazon. From the back of the book:
The second book in the Positive Psychology News series explores the benefits and practices of gratitude. Sixteen authors from three continents bring practical suggestions based on the latest research to your fingertips.
- Talking to children about gratitude
- The hidden benefit of thank you notes
- Relevance to school, work, love, family, and fun
- How to give gifts that increase happiness
- Gratitude in surgery, unemployment, and divorce
- Physical and psychological benefits of gratitude
- Fresh ideas for celebrating holidays
Like the original book, Resilience, the book contains edited versions of articles previously published on PPND. Each chapter is followed by a discussion section composed of comments originally posted on PPND. Black-and-white illustrations by Kevin Gillespie make each chapter come alive. We will add some of them to the illustrations of the original articles. Ed Britton contributed the cover photograph of a butterfly hovering over a flower.
In the table of contents below, each chapter title is a link to the original article published here on PPND. Please don’t be confused — the titles are sometimes different in the two versions. In the original article, curious readers can find the references and research behind the article, as well as the complete set of comments made by members of the community. Readers are invited to post new comments and questions that occurred while they read the book. The authors can then respond here.
- PART I: The Value of Gratitude
- PART II: Gratitude Practices
- PART III: An Appreciative Eye
- PART IV: Gratitude Holidays
- PART V: Gifts and Gratitude
- PART VI: Gratitude in the Family